Memo

Memo from CASSIPEASWORLD's Admin.

Happy Fasting to all Muslims around the world. We will SEMI-HIATUS about a few months from now. Moreover, some of us will take SPM (Malaysian National Examinations) this year. Wish us the best!

Thursday 31 March 2011

Taeyang's Interview on GQ Magazine April Edition


TY: The phrase, “No matter what I do, I have to give it my all” has always been with me, but it’s getting old.

GQ: Do you believe that it’s getting old? I don’t think so though.
TY: When I was reflecting on the past, I have that kind of feeling. If I had to do something that I didn’t like and if I didn’t have the urge to do it, then I won’t give it my best. That’s the truth.

GQ: Have you learned to let go?
TY: Yes, I have. Actually, I had that feeling right after I finished my solo album promotions. There was a lot of time left before our 4th mini album was released so I had a lot to think about.

GQ: Are you like this every time you release a solo album?
TY: When the album was almost finished, more than half of my mind was a mess. I had a sudden urge to finish everything at once. Sometimes I will think, “Oh, we’ll have a long break” but now I don’t feel like that. I will do what I want to present to the audience right now, and it makes me improve my music. I no longer think that my break is long anymore. I won’t have this feeling for my next album releases, and I might even think there’s a burden but I still think that I will enjoy it.

GQ: The difference is, when GD&T.O.P perform, it feels like they are having fun and playing around. Since you’re with them most of the time, does that influence you in any way?
TY: There’s influence in almost everything we do. First of all, although we all live together, our music styles are diverse too, especially with Jiyong’s. We love different things so we both learn a lot from each other. It’s a bit hard because of my personality….but since we work together, Jiyong can always solve things efficiently. I hope to learn that from him.

GQ: Since you have so many ideas, what kind of relationship are you most adamant with?
TY: It’s the one where I have to keep searching for but eventually find it, that one.

GQ: While you’re searching for it, will you let go and experience love first?
TY: It’s all about the timing. Like I said before, I’m not experienced in this area.

GQ: 2 years ago, you said you wanted to experience a feeling of being seduced.
TY: It hasn’t happened. I don’t think it ever happened.

GQ: Why not?
TY: Even though I don’t like to judge, but after observing someone’s words and talking to a person for 1 or 2 hours will made you automatically think, “Oh, this person is like this”. There are things you like and you dislike in a relationship and since you dislike looking at the things you averse so you try to avoid it as much as possible. But it will be hard to have a deeper relationship after that, especially with your significant other. Now, I unconsciously avoid the people that I dislike. At least it makes my mood better…

GQ: You’ve mentioned about your ideal type in recent interviews.
TY: I like westernized women. When reporters ask me about my ideal type, I can’t answer them accurately. Even though there have been girls that I’ve really liked, but I haven’t thought about any of them being my ideal types just by judging from appearances because it’s different every time. There’s no reason to complicate things any further.

GQ: So it’s just a temporary feeling?
TY: I’ve been in situations where my heart suddenly started to beat faster so it’s hard for me to talk about my ideal type. It’s only in the official interviews where I had always been asked about that, such as “What are the basic requirements needed to understand me?” that kind of obvious things. I have a lot to learn. If my ideal type appeared now, that would be great and then reporters can ask questions about my specific appearance types.

GQ: How does your ideal type look like precisely?
TY: This question has been asked too many times. “Who is your ideal type in the entertainment business?” I really don’t have one. That’s the truth. When I watched Hollywood movies during young age, the feeling was a bit different. When I went to overseas and saw westernized women, I really thought they were pretty and that’s why I said those things.

GQ: Westernized women? Their looks or body?
TY: Someone who gives off a westernized feeling.

GQ: Does it mean liking them beyond their appearances?
TY: Yes.

GQ: What is the most exciting thing for Taeyang now?
TY: I don’t know if I will give out a dreary answer. I feel excited when I’m in the recording studio. I don’t feel it when I’m working in there but when I see my hyungs working there, I can feel the excitement. Recently, when Teddy plays the guitar, my eyes dilate because listening to the guitar melody also makes me want to look at the process of producing the song. Now, I want to write a song that will suit the guitar melody.

GQ: It’s an interesting answer but besides the recording studio, can you think of anything else?
TY: If you have to ask like that, then I get excited watching kids playing.

GQ: Kids around the age of 10?
TY: Yes, kids in that age are the most energetic.

GQ: Do you believe that you have been influenced?
TY: Yes, I think so.

GQ: You stated before that 2009 was an exhausting year. You’ve changed a lot since then, right?
TY: Yes.

GQ: What didn’t you like during that time?
TY: I really disliked how I was at that time. I don’t know why but I really hated that kind of situation. But now as the time is passing by and looking back, it feels… Actually I watched 'Black Swan' yesterday.

GQ: Did you see any resemblance in the movie then?
TY: There were a lot. I experienced that feeling.

GQ: How were the women in the movie?
TY: The girl from the U.S., Nina Sayers takes drugs and smokes.

GQ: What about Lily?
TY: She is actually my favorite female character.

GQ: So perhaps, it’s like that energy? I think I understand. You have times when you didn’t want to do some things too? You all parodied Secret Big Bang not long ago, how was that?
TY: Im Jong-soo, the action director? When I said “I’m a man” everyone laughed but they could’ve erased that line completely. In the end, we still used it for laughs

GQ: Everyone worked hard for it?
TY: Haha. You’ll know when you watch it. Even though I wasn’t the main character and I had the least scenes, but apparently that was already said in the beginning. Some of us didn’t know that we were going to do a parody of the drama and we also didn't know about the characters given. But once we started, we felt like we had to finish it because it showed a lot of our different sides.

GQ: You didn’t know it was going to be broadcasted?
TY: We knew it was going to be shown at the concert. I haven’t watched a single episode of Secret Garden though but I prepared it for my role. They said I had to wear a wig but I don’t wear things like that. I really don’t wear it. But after 30mins, all the staff wore it but I still insisted that I wouldn’t wear it. Then they said, “Then it’s up to you, don’t wear it then.” But when I went to the set and saw Jiyong dressed up as a girl, I didn’t hesitate and immediately wore my wig or else it wouldn’t look right.

GQ: There seems to be a feeling that when people first heard of BIGBANG’s album, it was very mainstream but there were also others who thought this album was solely made for profit. What do you think?
TY: This is my favorite album out of all the BIGBANG albums.

GQ: Did this album take a long time to finish?
TY: Although the 5 of us have a lot of different ideas but we still worked it out to produce this album. All the songs took a long time to produce and all the lyrics convey a lot of different meanings.

GQ: Did G-Dragon say, “It’s the first time I want to make songs that suits both Korean and international fans”?
TY: He did say that. That person (GD)…well I can’t do it yet so hm.. what should I say? Right now I still want to make music that I like.

GQ: Have you thought of “I like it but everyone else won’t”?
TY: I don’t think so. I don’t know because up until now…

GQ: Doesn’t that make you more ambitious?
TY: It does, because it seems like the things I like aren’t that well received by everyone. I don’t really know the reactions of the Korean and international fans though.

GQ: Don’t think too much about this.
TY: I try not to.

GQ: Aren’t you the type to want to breakthrough somewhere no matter what anyone says?
TY: Well, because I’m Taeyang, haha. Not only that Jiyong cares about Korean fans but he also cares about the international fans. I used that mentality to prepare for my solo album and even if Koreans dislike it, I still want to be able to sing and have people comment, “Wow, there are artists in Korea that does this kind of music too!” Going with this thought, Jiyong and I can communicate better than before.

GQ: Your dancing was really good when you were waiting for the photo shoot just now. How do you play in the clubs?
TY: If you’re talking about playing…well I just dance. I don’t drink.

GQ: Ever been irrational?
TY: Like being too hyper? Sometimes.

GQ: You can do it even without drinking?
TY: Ah, no. I want to point out that I can dance and let myself go even if I don’t drink which makes me love dancing even more.

GQ: It’s better to dance 15mins than drink a bottle of whiskey, right? What about singing? When you listen to other people singing it’s different but when you sing it yourself, you feel like you become that person.
TY: Yes, especially if the songs contain sad lyrics…

GQ: What about songs that mention drugs and rape after being drunk? (The interviewer is trying to use examples that show a person drinking to stop the pain)
TY: Yes, it’s similar especially when I’m in the shower, I feel like I’m shooting for a MV. I like that time the most.

GQ: Do you have sudden thoughts of feeling lonely? What do you think about interviews styles? No matter how great the ambience is, it still can’t be natural since the recording equipment is in the middle of the room. Do you feel like there’s a limit?
TY: Yes, I don’t really think that kind of interview style suits me. The reason why I like this magazine’s interview is that rather than being given a script, I can talk freely about my real life. When the time is right, I can give it my all and even though there may be still some limitations but at least I can pass on the message. Adding a bit of personal touch is good.

GQ: Did you ever want people to view you in a certain way?
TY: I had a lot of thoughts like that 2 years ago.

GQ: How did you want to show them?
TY: I wanted people to see my real image at that time but unfortunately I was stuck on that thought and no matter what people was saying and how I truly felt, I was just working hard on that image. Looking back, that’s all….I think showing everyone the real Taeyang is better.

GQ: Are you weary of it?
TY: Yes, I can’t do that anymore. I didn’t do that because I wanted to; it’s more because I changed like that and I couldn’t get out of it.

GQ: When you had the “I’ve changed” moment, didn’t you regret it?
TY: I haven’t regretted it the moment I decided that I wanted to be a singer.

GQ: Have you ever thought of cutting into different hairstyles?
TY: After cutting it in this style, I have never thought of other hairstyles and for that reason, I didn’t think of changing it.

GQ: Why is it that only the middle part is long?
TY: That’s because if the sides (of the hair) grew just as long, it would look weird, haha.

GQ: Where do you want to head? Music-wise?
TY: I want to fly to the sky.

GQ: Do you still want to bring music with you when you’re dead?
TY: I don’t think that’s possible.

GQ: What kind of songs will you be singing when you’re 40 years old?
TY: I hope to still be making my own music by then.

GQ: By then, will you casually grab a drink sometime?
TY: Drinking isn’t good for health reasons.

GQ: I still want to ask you about your ideal woman.
TY: Please go ahead.

GQ: If you meet your dream woman today, the one that is the most beautiful and you knew that if you didn’t seize the chance then you will never see her again. What will you do?
TY: If it’s really the type I like, I will go and talk to her. I still have confidence to do that.

GQ: Let’s think about that scene for a second.
TY: I will ask her, “Do you like puppies?” Haha, because I love puppies too much.

GQ: Can you explain further? Let’s say you will spend the night with that woman. What will happen?
TY: ...I don’t know what to say. Please teach me.

GQ: Then..besides music, do you have any other desires? We’ll end the interview after we reveal some secrets of Taeyang. What do you want the most? It’s not music instruments, right?
TY: Haha, no not that. I want to learn but it’s proving to be quite hard these days. Shouldn’t I be making money now? Buy a car? I used to save up a lot of money just to buy the clothes I wanted but it’s not like that anymore. That’s become a burden now.

GQ: There’s really a burden to everything.
TY: But…if I wanted materialistic things, well…when I was little I really wanted to buy a house with a garden so I could look after a dog. I want those Italian dogs, the ones that are all black and big. They look cool.

GQ: Has G-Dragon given you any advice?
TY: Rather than giving me advice, he will get disheartened. He used to say, “Why are you like that?” But now, it’s changed to, “Are you happy doing that?” Haha, it seems that he gets depressed because of me.

GQ: Has something happened recently for you to hear those words?
TY: To tell you the truth, since we’re guys, after a busy day of work ends, we will usually talk about where we to go to play, drink, and check out girls afterwards. I will usually tell them I won’t go. Jiyong will become dejected and it’s understandable. I want to be able to go out with Jiyong and the members, and vice versa.

GQ: And you’ll really not go? Don’t you get curious? If you don’t go, then you won’t know?
TY: I already know that kind of feeling so I don’t get curious.

GQ: Didn’t you find abundant of happiness in singing and dancing?
TY: That is the biggest joy for me. I don’t think there is a perfect love out there. I’ve known that for a long time already. I’ve seen some people be together and break up, and then I realize that there is no such thing as a perfect love.

GQ: People who aren’t perfect also have their charm though?
TY: I can’t feel that charm if they aren’t perfect.

GQ: Then, you have to focus your direction on finding the perfect one?
TY: Of course!

Source: GQ Korea April Edition via baidu bigbang
Translated by: Mystifize @ bigbangupdates.com

No comments:

Post a Comment